Happy New Year!
January 9th General Meeting and AGM Agenda
President Michael opened the meeting.
Welcome to the 2019 AGM and what an amazing location to hold the event. I am looking forward to tonight’s dinner, I know that Herve has put together another great menu and I am especially looking forward to the Crème Caramel.
Check-in Team: David and Greg
Raffle: Steven Chen & Fikriye
Toast to Queen: Kevin Wooliams
SKAL Toast: Angus Wilkinson
- David Wetsch
- Peter Armstrong
- Steve Halliday
Michael presented the results of the Club for 2018 at the AGM
Financially the club had an excellent year with great success at the annual June Golf Tournament and Silent Auction. The revenue generated by that event continues to allow Skal Vancouver to offer the lowest dues and dinner charges of any club in Canada.
The club moves into 2019 on sound financial footing.
Now, as you all know it is getting more and more expensive in Vancouver. The board wants to continue to deliver memorable meals and find locations that are attractive. Because of this we are increasing the cost for dinners by $10 from $65 to $75 starting next month (February).
The Board deserves a big “well done” for a successful 2018.
We have seen some challenges and respect that it is a challenge for all our membership to give up time to join it, but if you are interested we looking for some fresh faces and ideas. Membership and Reach are the areas we will be focusing on this year, more diversity of members, growth through social media and above all fun!
The floor was opened for nominations to join the board, the Membership and Communications positions are open.
And with no nominations we present to you the Board of Directors for 2019:
- President: Michael Favelle
- Past President: Greg Moon
- Secretary/Administrator: David Wetsch
- VP of Finance: Lisa Jackson
- Director of Membership: David Wetsch
- Director of Communications: Michael Favelle
- Skal Canada Vancouver Rep: Ivano “Coach” Corazza
- Director at Large: Harvey Lee
- Director at Large: Ron Waterhouse
- Young Skal Ambassador: Altan Demirkaya
Next month is the last month that all outstanding drink tickets will be accepted
- February 22nd, The Georgian Court Hotel (Friday)
- Save the date – wives, partners and spouses are welcome
- Rooms are available at the Georgian Court and The Pan Pacific
- Dinner will be at the Georgian Court
- Speakers TBC
- Breakfast the next day TBC
- March 13th, Reflect Restaurant Hilton Hotel Metrotown, this will be a special Young Skal event
- April 10th, Vancouver Lawn and Tennis Club
- May 8th, The Hilton Vancouver Airport
- June 14th, The Annual Ron Groves Golf Tournament Event (Friday)
- September 11th, Granville Island Hotel Dockside
- October 9th, Pan Pacific Hotel
- November 13th – TBC
- December 11th, The Annual Christmas Luncheon at the Arbutus Club
We are now accepting nominations for the Tourism Award for 2018. Please go to the Vancouver Skal website and click on nominations. The recipient will be announced at our March 2019 meeting.
2019 Membership Development Fund Raffle. Prize donation and draw will be done on April 27th. Please contact Coach for further details
Draw Prizes: Steven wines and other prizes
- Wine: Scott Johnson
- Wine: James Chase
- $50 Gift Certificate from the French Table: Karen Tocher
$2500 draw for the Christmas Lunch in December…winners are:
- Christine Louden
- Brian Veitch
- Karen Tocher
Thank you to the French Table Herve and his team made by Karen Tocher we all enjoyed the dinner and service!
See you all on February 22nd!