General Meeting November 9, 2016
Best Western Chateau Granville
Check-in Team: David and Michael
Toast to Queen: Gary Collinge
SKAL Toast: Brian Veitch well done
Month Birthdays: only one Ron will not tell us his age.
Greg welcomed all to the dinner and laid out the agenda for the evening.
Guest of Trevor Scott is Cindy Schoenayer
Altan has 5 guests Ayako Kawamukai (BCIT Marketing Management)
Fikriye Toprakkaya(Greystone College customer service)
Pirscila Tena (Canadian College Hospitality Management)
- Greg introduced Harvey Lee. Harvey advised the Vancouver Skal Club has a Tourism Award for the year of 2016. Please send Nominations to Harvey for the criteria please email Harvey.
- Michael updated the group on Facebook and encouraged all members to go to our site and add to it and do likes.
Randy, advised the YVR Info Centre would re-open on November 15th. See Randy for more detail
Greg(President) advised the membership at our June Event we will not have a Sea Cruise instead Lydia is working on a Wine Tour. In addition, we will have golfing. More details to follow.
- We have two new members joining The Vancouver Skal Club. Richard Purcell and Eda koot, they will be inducted at our January meeting. Welcome Richard and Eda.
- Monthly Draw Prizes –
- $ 2000.00 Cash Grand Prize (3 names)
- Richard Purcell
- Lisa Jackson
- Joyce Hayne
- Other prize draw items: Ivano won a book titled, “Rainforest”
- Gary a nice bottle of wine.
- Randy, wine.
- Morgan won a gift certificate from the BW Chateau Granville.
Lydia thanked the team at the hotel for a wonderful meal and excellent service. Our group recognized the team by a standing ovation. Well done.
Lydia thank you for the kind words.
Annual Skal Christmas Lunch
2001 Nanton Ave, Vancouver, BC
Friday December 9th @ 11am
Email blast will be sent out.