December 12th General Meeting Minutes
President Michael opened the meeting. Welcomed all members and their guests.
Check-in Team: David and Greg Moon
Raffle: Steven Chen and Ivano
Toast to Queen: Karim
SKAL Toast: Randy Vannatter
- Randy Vannatter
- Darren Young
- Steven Chen
- Ayako Kawamukai
- Karim Mohammadi
- Beth Walters, guest is Lydia Miller
- Jonas Melin’s guest is Richard Taylor Sr. Director of Sales & Marketing Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront.
- Steven Chen, two guests, Amina Valli-Hasham District Director for Roy Nat and Duncan Chiu Coast Hotels, Development for Franchising.
- Randy Vannatter has the following Guests: Louis Zanni,General Manager for WorldMark Vancouver a Wyndham Destination;Olga Bannikova,Guest Services Manager for WorldMark Vancouver a Wyndham Destination,Mark Hope Executive Director for Coast Hotels and Resorts,Director of Brand Development;Rick Fisher,Visitors Choice Magazine;Rachelle Delaney,City Passports.
Welcome to all Guests
Ivano did a summary of the benefits to belonging to Skal Vancouver . This gives us all an opportunity to contact other Skal Clubs International and in Canada when we travel . Ivano did mention Skal International has a World Congress on September 14th, 2019. For more detail go the the Skal International website.
Harvey Lee, advised we are now accepting nominations for the Tourism Award for 2018. Please go to the Vancouver Skal website and click on nominations. This will be announced at our March 2019 meeting.
Draw Prizes – Steven wines and other prizes
- Wine- Randy Vannatter
- 2 passports to Plaza Premium Airport Lounges-James Chase
- Christmas Gift Basket-Ron Waterhouse
Congratulations to all the winners.
Grand Prize Draw of $2500 for 2018
- Ivano will do the draw all names from January to December submitted, if you are not present, we will have a rep in your place.
- The winner is Jonas Melin, cheque written to him after the draw, congratulations Jonas.
- Thank you Ivano for coordinating the Draw.
Thank you to the Arbutus Club was Brian Veitch. The food service and the quality of food was first class. Thank you from all of the Club members. We also recognized Ron for coordinating the event. Thank you Ron.
Upcoming meeting January 9th The French Table. This meeting will also be our Annual General Meeting.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to All.