October 9th, Hilton Hotel Metrotown Minutes of the General Meeting
Hilton Vancouver Metrotown Reflect Social Dining & Lounge
President Michael: opened the meeting and Welcomed all
Check-in Team: David and Harvey
Raffle: Kevin and Steven
Toast to Queen: Gordon Chatry
SKAL Toast: Steven
October Birthdays: Kevin we all wished him a Happy Birthday.
Membership: Michael reminded us we have a need for New Members. So please invite guests to our upcoming meetings.
- Mark Elliott; Miyakawa, Miyu, Ino, Ayano, Kato, Tomo Gyehun Kim (Henry) and Dennis Innes
- Thomas has a guest; Sarah
- Scott Johnson has a guest; John Kearns
- Altan has 7 Young Skal Guests
- Dikran has a guest his wife Sandra
- Steven Chen has two guests; Arvind Tandon Skal Member of Mumbai India
Welcome to all guests
No inductions this meeting. In November, we will be inducting Thomas Reppchen, Kervin Dirkran and John Kearns.
Angus shared his trip to the 2019 World Congress in Miami with photos. Well done and thank you for the full summary.
Harvey Lee discussed the annual Tourism Award. Each year the Vancouver Skal Club gives a Tourism Award. The Award is “the Bill Rowe Memorial Tourism Award”. This award can be for a local individual, a corporation or organisation that has significantly contributed to the success and growth of Tourism in Vancouver and British Columbia. Please go to the Vancouver Skal website and send your nominations for 2019 to Harvey Lee.
Ivano updated the club on the upcoming Fall Board meeting in Banff. Ivano announced the 2020 National Raffle, if you want to donate a prize please send to Ivano soon. The 2020 North American Skal Congress will be held in Winnipeg April 30 to May 2nd.
Draw Prizes winners were:
- Christine – wine
- David – wine
- Joyce – wine
- Steven – wine
- Dennis Forrestial Gift card for $100 Dockside Restaurant Granville Island
- Chris; Reflect Restaurant Hilton Hotel Metrotown
- Randy; City Tour value $600
Grand Prize Draw for 2019 $2500 at the Christmas Lunch at the Arbutus Club on December 11th:
- Dennis Forrestial
- Dave Stevens
- Dennis Innes from Vancouver Community College.
Thank you to the team at the Hilton, Scott Johnston. Great service and the meal was excellent.
Next dinner event will be on November 13th at the Prospect Point Restaurant in Stanley Park.