March 11th ,General Meeting and AGM Agenda
Pan Pacific Hotel 11:30am Reception and noon Lunch
President Michael sends his regrets, Harvey Lee: opened the meeting and welcomed all for attending.
Check-in Team: David and Thomas
Raffle: Kevin and Steven
Toast to Queen: Steve Halliday
SKAL Toast: Joyce Hayne, well done
- Scott Johnson
- Rudolf Tiz
- Bill Whyte
- Joyce Hayne
- Lisa Jackson
Membership: Harvey reminded us we have a need for New Members. So please invite guests to our upcoming meetings.
- David has a guest Miriam Aroeste Contemporary Art
- Dave Stevens has a guest.
Inductions: next meeting
2019 Tourism Award, Harvey will remind us the Wickaninnish Inn and Charles McDiarmid will receive the Award May 13th. His wife Kari-Anne will be attending.
Steven Chen: discussed our annual Golf Tournament will be held on June 12th at UBC. Please contact Steven for prizes that can be used for the silent auction. Be creative.
Ivano Regrets: David updated on the status on the National Raffle. The launch will has been delayed until after NASC. The reason is C-19 is causing problems for high-quality list of prizes. The approach to the whole program will be reviewed at the National Board meeting. We will keep you updated.
Draw Prizes: Kevin and Steven Chen
- Gift vouchers $25 each to the newly opened restaurant Stock and Supply at the Delta Hotel on West Hastings.
- Gift certificate for brunch for two at Oceans 999 in the Pan Pacific.
Grand Prize Draw for 2020 $2500 at our Annual Christmas Lunch at the Arbutus Club.
Thank you to the team: Steve Halliday
Next meeting: April 8th, THE FRENCH TABLE
Annual General Meeting Agenda
Harvey Lee to open the AGM
See the attached AGM Financial Report for 2019
The selection of the 2020 Board was completed, see attached the list of names of our Board with titles.
- Michael Favelle – President
- Lisa Jackson – VP Finance
- Christine Louden – Director House and Program
- Altan Demirkaya – Director Young Skal Chairperson
- Steven Chen – Director at Large: House and Events
- Harvey Lee – Director at Large: Events
- David Wetsch – Secretary / Treasurer
- Ron Waterhouse – Director at Large
- Tomas Reppchen – Director at Large
- Fikriye Topkaya – Young Skal Ambassador
- Greg Moon – Past President
- Ivano Corazza – Skal Canada Representative